Sunday, February 13, 2011

Big Words | Truth

Truth are the words that do not want to be uttered. Instead of confronting with the truth we back away and say I don't know. In all truth we know but we are to afraid to say the truth because we fear the truth. The truth about us or about telling the truth to someone else. It brings about confrontation and that can be uncomfortable. We would rather stay comfortable and believe the "truth" that we are living. Even if the truth is brought to us, we tend to ignore and say that it cannot possibly be the truth. 

I know I do this all the time. If the truth is presented to me I tend to shrink away and begin to not pay attention. A lot of times I even begin to defend myself. I put up a wall and try to say why it isn't the truth. In all honesty I am afraid of the truth. It means accepting apart of me that I don't want to. We are slaves to the selves that we have created. Truth is what sets us free and yet we turn away from the truth. 

Truth is where it all begins though. It's the start of becoming something true. Truth about ourselves is where it starts but we can't do it without other people because most of the time we can't see the truth that is right in front of our faces.

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." 
John 8:32

No comments:

Post a Comment